Burglar-Proof Your Home
We have had quite a few burglaries lately in our neighborhood. Please consider these safety tips as necessary.
-Never leave keys in hiding places outside the house.
- Always keep your garage door closed and locked.
- Trim back all bushes under windows.
- Plant prickly, thorny shrubs or bushes under windows to discourage prowlers.
- Bright lights outside around all doors and window discourage break ins. Install motion triggered lights around corners of the home.
- Install a solid core or metal-clad door fitted with both inside hinge pins and a minimum one-inch throw deadbolt lock.
- Doors with windows require a double key deadbolt.
- Secure garage doors with cane bolts and hasps.
- Install a peep hole in the front door.
- Secure crank Windows by drilling a hole through the latch frame and handle, then insert a metal pin or nail through the hole to lock the window in place.
- Place Operation Identification stickers on doors and windows.
- If you have a keypad garage door, reprogram the code.
- Never leave your garage door opener visible in your car.
- Never let strangers into your home. Never give out your address or phone number to strangers.
Please stay safe during this holiday season.